Comments: yearly application of tact

Best of the season to you, darlin' P. I got your card yesterday and it was lovely. Thank you so much. (I'm terrible about sending cards so this'll have to do until I can get to the post office.) Big hugs to you and Rudder. Hope we can get together this coming year. It would be great to see you again. Big hug, much love, -J

Posted by Jenn at December 23, 2004 10:06 AM

I admire your restraint. Since it was a repeat situation, I would not have handled it as well.

Posted by Marn, eh at December 23, 2004 03:03 PM

I get the exact same posts too, and just delete them without reading. I know she means well, but they're annoying, unasked for and therefore spam - and I AM Christian ;) I was on her list a couple of years back, but asked her to take me off as her posts were all big and I was on a dial up modem. Obviously she must have thought I didn't mind being put back on. So far I just ignore them, but if they increase in number, I'm going to ask to be taken off her list too.

Posted by Maria at December 23, 2004 05:19 PM

probably just one of those folks who built a global mailing list
from their address book and just don't get it.

(fwiw, i've seen 'all hands' messages get out of control at work.
since i work for one of the bigger chunks of the federal govt...)

Posted by lcubed at December 23, 2004 09:08 PM

I'm getting them too, and quietly deleting them whilst wondering how to do what you've already done so well!

Thank you for your lovely card and letter which came yesterday - I was having a bad day and reading again about your trip to see penguins was fun as I remembered the wonderful photos you'd taken on your trip :)

Posted by ruthie at December 24, 2004 02:51 AM

Dear One, I wish you and Rudder a very Merry Christmas. I might have missed saying it at the correct time, so Happy Hannukah too. And Happy New Year. In fact, just take a big glob of Happy and spread it over everything. Ho ho ho. ~LA

Posted by LA at December 24, 2004 07:07 AM