Comments: No, in this case I am NOT interested in expressing my opinion

I always answers those political surveys as flaming liberal as they let me. I figure it will make a start on balancing our red-state-ness.

But they are annoying.

Posted by Pam at August 8, 2005 08:51 PM

How to deal with phone surveys:

"Certainly, I'll be glad to answer any questions you have. Now let's verify that you have the right address to send my check to first."

"Check?"

"The fee you'll be paying me as a consultant to answer your questions. My going rate is $110 an hour."

They generally hang up really fast, trust me.

Posted by Swoop at August 8, 2005 08:53 PM

"Let me speak to your supervisor." If they're nice about it, I will assure them it is not their fault, but I still need to talk to the supervisor. And sometimes I just let the machine get it. (Incidentally, I refuse all sorts of things for Husband all the time. Ya think the rules don't count in Arizona?)

Posted by l-empress at August 8, 2005 09:59 PM

I don't let them get past the first line. "Hi, I'm calling about ... some dumb thing". My response every time is "No thank you, I am not interested" and I hang up before they respond. Period. No conversation. Lindley.

Go rowers!!!

Posted by at August 8, 2005 10:47 PM

I once told a long-distance carrier, "Sorry, I'm not eligible. We don't have a phone." And she actually said, "Oh, never mind then," and hung up.

Posted by golfwidow at August 9, 2005 07:50 AM

Some groups were exempted from the Do Not Call list -- charities and politicians are among those still allowed to interrupt you at home.

I find it surprising that Congress would have exempted itself from rules that applied to almost everybody else. But that's only because I'm surprised every morning when that great big ball of fire rises again in the East. Grunt.

Posted by LenS at August 9, 2005 06:20 PM

Next time just ask them to hold on.... go get dinner, clean the house, do laundry... and ever 5 minutes to start then every 10 - 15 minutes come back and say "oh - my husband will be right with you... thanks for holding"

And see how long you can get them to hold for.... it's fun - trust me!

Posted by Alison at August 18, 2005 09:30 AM