We’ve made our decision: we’re going to Oregon. This definitely doesn’t cancel the trailer year, just postpones it again (if you’re one of the people who wanted to meet up on our travels, it will still happen, just later.) At the moment, Ted has a job, but I don’t. So it’s a bit of a gamble: either it works out and they hire me too …. or it doesn’t, and we go do something else.

But when / if we do, we’ll have a bit more time to prepare better than we can do from over here – get our health insurance in order, buy and practice driving a big rig, get all the books that talk about mountain grades and campgrounds, and figure out what else we need to know.